Fire alarms trigger evacuation at Tonganoxie Nursing Center; no fire found
Tonganoxie Nursing Center residents were evacuated Friday morning after smoke from repair on an air conditioning unit triggered alarms.
A technician was soldering an A/C line when smoke set off alarms, Tonganoxie City Fire Chief Dave Bennett said.
Firefighters responded about 10:20 a.m. to the center, 1010 East St., and residents were evacuated. Bennett said a thermal imager was used to check the building room-by-room and no fire was detected. Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services and Tonganoxie police also were on scene. EMS was on hand as precaution in case any residents needed attention while waiting outside for firefighters to investigate the scene. Residents headed back inside about 10:45 a.m.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books