McLouth BBQ Blowout returning
The aromas that will waft from the Stan Braksick Sports Complex parking this weekend will mean just one thing: the McLouth BBQ Blowout is back in the Jefferson County community.
The 20th annual blowout will be Friday and Saturday. The Kansas City Barbecue Society event is a state event, with winners qualifying for the American Royal Invitational Championship and a slot into the entry pool for the Jack Daniels BBQ Championship. Top prize is $1,000 along with a trophy and ribbon.
The McLouth Recreation Commission and Jefferson County Economic Development will also sponsor a “Backyard Division” competition for people not participating in the main event, with cash prizes available.
Anyone interested in participating in the Backyard Division competition can contact Cliff Weeks at (913) 796-6122.
Other activities will surround the barbecue event, as well, including children’s rides, an exotic-animal petting zoo featuring camel rides, remote control airplanes, vendors and concessions. The main judging starts at noon Saturday.
Admission to the event is free, and free parking is available south of the complex's football field.
More like this story
- Kansas congressional staffer sentenced for child sex charges
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns
- Tonganoxie man in court on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence
- Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges