U.S. 73/K-7 paving scheduled to begin
Weather permitting, on Thursday, June 2, an asphalt resurfacing project will begin on Kansas Highway 7/U.S. Highway 73 between Parallel Parkway and Gilman Road in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties.
At 6 a.m., northbound and southbound K-7/US-73 will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Lane reduction will continue from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday, with an occasional Saturday, according to the Kansas Department of Transportation.
Ramps will remain open throughout the project, except for occasional short-duration closures. No marked detours will be provided. Drivers should expect little or no delays. There will be a 12-foot lane restriction throughout the project duration.
Updated daily traffic information for this resurfacing project can viewed online.
Workers will spread a 3/4-inch thin layer of asphalt over the pavement then coat it with a layer rock chips that is pressed into place with heavy rollers. New pavement markings will be applied to the entire resurfaced roadway.
APAC is the primary contractor on this $1.6 million resurfacing project. Project work is scheduled to be completed by mid-July 2011.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office warns of peak time for deer accidents
- School getting started in Tonganoxie
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Flooding closes road near Easton in Leavenworth County
- Kansas Senate bill seeks municipalities’ traffic ticket revenues