Basehor Dairy Days kicks off with concert, picnic
Basehor Dairy Days kickoff
The 2011 Basehor Dairy Days festival kicked off Friday, June 3, with a concert and picnic in Basehor City Park.
The sixth annual Basehor Dairy Days is underway after a kickoff picnic and concert Friday night.
Visitors were scattered across Basehor City Park, some enjoying some dinner, some watching a performance by the Lonnie Ray Blues Band and some climbing on playground equipment.
The full Dairy Days festival takes place Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the city park. See below for a schedule of events, and check out the "Basehor Dairy Days Kickoff" photo gallery for a look at some of the attractions. And check back to basehorinfo.com during the day Saturday for more looks at what the festival has to offer.
7-10 a.m.: Chris Cakes pancake breakfast
7:30 a.m.: Dairy Days 5K run — Basehor-Linwood High School parking lot
- Registration 6:45 a.m., warm-up 7 a.m.
9-9:30 a.m.: Kaw Valley Community Chorus
10 a.m.: Sarah's Studio of Dance
10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Shriners clowns
11 a.m.: Gunsmoke and Petticoats Old West Show
11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Performance by The Fairmounters
12:30 p.m.: White Tiger Performance Group
1-2 p.m.: Appearance by Sizzle the Bull, official mascot of the Kansas City T-Bones
1 p.m.: Gunsmoke and Petticoats Old West Show
1:30-3:30 p.m.: Performance by the Krazy Kats Band
3 p.m.: Gunsmoke and Petticoats Old West Show
Other events & attractions
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Inflatable games • Cow milking machine • Face painting
• Food vendors • Craft vendors • Milk cans on parade
• Gunsmoke and Petticoats Old West Town • Horse and buggy rides
• Carnival games • Caricaturist • Dairy cow
• Spin the Apple and Tornado rides • Petting zoo and pony rides
• Mobile smoke house — fire safety demonstration
• Complimentary Roberts Dairy Products