Job search workshop to be Thursday at Tonganoxie Public Library
Residents wanting to improve their resumes might be interested in a job search workshop, which will take place 6-7 p.m. Thursday at the Tonganoxie Public Library, Third and Bury streets.
Kathy Youngquist, director of human resources at First State Bank and Trust, will moderate the program. Youngquist reviews hundreds of job applications and resumes each year, giving her a unique perspective on how applicants can present themselves in the best way during the job search process.
The workshop will address job search skills, including information on community resources, resumes/applications, cover letters, online search, networking, follow-up and more.
RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the library. Be sure to include an email address when sending the RSVP.
More like this story
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton