Job search workshop to be Thursday at Tonganoxie Public Library
Residents wanting to improve their resumes might be interested in a job search workshop, which will take place 6-7 p.m. Thursday at the Tonganoxie Public Library, Third and Bury streets.
Kathy Youngquist, director of human resources at First State Bank and Trust, will moderate the program. Youngquist reviews hundreds of job applications and resumes each year, giving her a unique perspective on how applicants can present themselves in the best way during the job search process.
The workshop will address job search skills, including information on community resources, resumes/applications, cover letters, online search, networking, follow-up and more.
RSVP by email to email@example.com or in person at the library. Be sure to include an email address when sending the RSVP.
More like this story
- 2 charged after niece rescued from sweltering car in Kansas
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy
- Kansas doctor, wife face new sentencing in overdose deaths