Chieftains named to All-KVL teams
Tonganoxie High athletes were well represented on the 2011 All-Kaw Valley League spring sports teams.
The THS softball team had five players receive all-league recognition. Senior Kaitlyn Wolken was a first-team infielder, junior Haley Smith was a second-team outfielder, senior Tiffany Jacobs was a second-team pitcher, junior Kailan Kuzmic was named a second-team utility player and junior Amanda Holroyd received honorable mention as an infielder.
Tonganoxie had five baseball players on the KVL’s all-league lists and two made the first team. Senior infielder Ethan Lorance and senior outfielder Jeremy Carlisle both were first-team selections. Senior Jeremy Wagner was named a second-team catcher and Dylan Puhr and Ben Williams received honorable mention as infielders.
Four Chieftains made the All-KVL teams for girls soccer. Senior forward Ashley Kotowske, freshman defender Aly Bartholomew, junior defender Shyanne Gergick and senior goalkeeper Alex Bartels all were named to the second team.
More like this story
- State basketball wraps up during weekend
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- Tonganoxie wrestlers ready to return to mat; postseason sites announced
- Substate, regional assignments for Tongaoxie, McLouth
- Tonganoxie forensics team wins overall titles in frist weekend of competition