Tonganoxie school board interviewing interim superintendent candidates; former Lawrence superintendent on list
The Tonganoxie school board is finishing up candidate interviews today as members continue their search for an interim superintendent for USD 464.
Board members met Thursday and again today to interview candidates. The board is interviewing one candidate per special meeting. The first candidate was Larry Schmidt, a retired superintendent who most recently served as superintendent in Abilene from 2007-10. Thursday's second candidate was Jim Karleskint, who retired as a superintendent in 2010 from Holton. Friday morning, board members interviewed Lee Jones, superintendent/high school principal at in the Colony-Crest school district. And Friday afternoon, the board will interview Randy Weseman, who retired as superintendent of the Lawrence school district in 2009.
Each meeting starts with the calling of the meeting to order and approval of the agenda in the first five minutes. The board then schedules to meet in executive session for 1 hour, 55 minutes to discuss personnel.
Board members said Thursday it's possible a decision would be made Friday on hiring an interim superintendent.
All meetings are taking place at the Tonganoxie High School library, which is on the school's west campus.
Superintendent Kyle Hayden announced this past Thursday that he was resigning to take an administrative position with the Lawrence school district. His contract ends June 30.
More like this story
- USD 464 board still undecided on interim superintendent
- Tonganoxie hires former Lawrence school superintendent Randy Weseman as interim superintendent
- Longtime Lawrence educator selected for Tonganoxie interim superintendent post
- Tonganoxie USD 464 school board begins search for interim superintendent
- Tonganoxie school board approves Weseman as superintendent for second year