Sporting KC seeks first home victory Friday against San Jose
A victory in its home-opener against the Chicago Fire eluded Sporting Kansas City, but it escaped with a 0-0 draw.
Now, Sporting has another chance to earn its first victory in LIVESTRONG Sporting Park when it plays host to the San Jose Earthquakes at 7:30 p.m. today at home.
Sporting snapped a 10-game winless streak witha 4-1 victory Sunday at FC Dallas.
Now, Sporting will try to create a winning streak with a victory against San Jose.
The sides split the 2010 series. Birahim Diop recorded a hat trick for Kansas City in a 4-1 victory at CommunityAmerica Ballpark in a match that also marked the debut for goalkeeper Eric Kronberg.
This is the first meeting for the clubs in 2011.
Midfielder Craig Rocastle will miss the contest for Kansas City due to a sprained right knee that he suffered while playing for Grenada in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. In addition, Sporting players Roger Espinoza and Shavar Thomas will miss the match due to Gold Cup duties.
Midfielder Stephane Auvray could be available for Sporting. He played Tuesday at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park for Guadeloupe in its Gold Cup loss to the United States National Team, marking a rare occasion where he was a visiting player in his home stadium.
More like this story
- Kansas official defends Department for Children and Families
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas lawmaker calls for audit of child welfare agency
- Kansas lawmaker seeks end of privatized foster care system