Tonganoxie hires former Lawrence school superintendent Randy Weseman as interim superintendent
A former Lawrence school superintendent is heading to Tonganoxie USD 464 to replace its district’s superintendent, who recently accepted an administrative position with Lawrence USD 497.
The Tonganoxie school board hired Randy Weseman by a 7-0 vote during a special meeting Monday. The board met in executive session for 10 minutes before approving Weseman’s hire as interim superintendent. He will receive a one-year salary of $90,000 and a $75 per month cell phone stipend and has been offered insurance benefits through the district. Because Weseman is retired, USD 464 must pay a 20 percent penalty to KPERS, which is another $18,000.
He will begin his employment at USD 464 on Friday.
Weseman replaces USD 464 Superintendent Kyle Hayden, who recently accepted an administrative position with Lawrence Public Schools.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Longtime Tonganoxie doctor dies after just celebrating 60 years of service
- Tonganoxie High golf continues to improve scores
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments