Post 41 improves to 12-0
Tonganoxie’s Post 41 baseball team had its closest call of the season on Friday but remained undefeated with a sweep of the Easton Outlaws at Leavenworth County Fairgrounds.
Tonganoxie secured a come-from-behind 3-2 victory in game one before destroying Easton, 17-1, in the second half of a doubleheader.
Post 41 (12-0) trailed 2-1 in the first game before scoring two runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
Dylan Fosdick pitched the final two innings for Tonganoxie and picked up the victory. Austin Harkrader started on the mound and threw five innings.
Corey Klinkenberg wasn’t retired in the one-run victory, finishing 3-for-3 at the plate. Tucker Hollingsworth was 2-for-2 and scored two of Post 41’s three runs.
Tonganoxie’s 16-run victory only took five innings. Tyler Freeman pitched and his nine strikeouts upped his season total to 29 through three starts, all Tonganoxie victories.
Both Fosdick and Ben Williams went 3-for-3 with a double and two RBI in the rout. Harkrader finished 3-for-3, as well, Klinkenberg drove in two runs while going 2-for-4 and Hollingsworth was 1-for-3 with a triple.
At 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Tonganoxie will play host to a doubleheader with the Leavenworth Blue Jays. Post 41’s next home twinbill is scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday at the fairgrounds against the Lansing Reds.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining
- Tonganoxie candidates gather for forum
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues