Fort Leavenworth pays respects to fallen soldier
Fort Leavenworth paid honors Tuesday to Staff Sgt. Jeremy Katzenberger, who was killed in Paktika, Afghanistan.
There was a motor cortege through the fort and services took place in the Frontier Chapel. Graveside services took place at the National Cemetery at the fort.
Katzenberger, 26, of Weatherby Lake, Mo., died June 14 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with small arms fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Hunter Army Airfield, Ga.
More like this story
- U.S. Senate to discuss funding food stamps program with grants
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas Senate to consider tax increases to close budget gap
- Time running out for Uber compromise, Kansas senator says
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes