Fort Leavenworth pays respects to fallen soldier
Fort Leavenworth paid honors Tuesday to Staff Sgt. Jeremy Katzenberger, who was killed in Paktika, Afghanistan.
There was a motor cortege through the fort and services took place in the Frontier Chapel. Graveside services took place at the National Cemetery at the fort.
Katzenberger, 26, of Weatherby Lake, Mo., died June 14 in Paktika province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with small arms fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, Hunter Army Airfield, Ga.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers