Spay-neuter transport coming to Linwood in July
The Leavenworth County Humane Society's low-cost spay and neuter transport will leave July 14 from Linwood and return July 15.
Residents can drop off dogs and cats next to Linwood City Hall, 306 Main St.
Pet dogs and cats will be sterilized, vaccinated and implanted with tracking microchips and can also receive parasite treatment if needed, for a price of $65 for cats and $95 for dogs. Feral cats can be sterilized, vaccinated and treated for parasites for $25.
To register, send email to LvnCoHS@live.com or go to lchsinc.org/spay-neuter-registration to sign up online. Residents without internet access can call (913) 728-2881 and leave a message to register. Registration closes at noon July 11.
The LCHS spay/neuter program, which rotates to a different city each month, has helped sterilize 548 pets so far, preventing the birth of an estimated 3,300 puppies and kittens in Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Tonganoxie hears renovation plans, timetable for new City Hall, police station
- Tonganoxie City Council gives final approval for 2016 budget
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Tonganoxie police station, City Hall discussion trudges on