Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
I came across this little jewel I just have to share with you. It’s titled:
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don’t give up when the pace seems slow;
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are;
It may be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the fight when you‘re hardest hit —
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.
God is right there, right here, right now, with all of the answers.
We pray, we ask, but we just don’t stop to listen. We don’t wait; we just go madly on along life’s busy frustrating highways. If we humans could just turn off that “worry button.”
As my flock was growing up, and those worries seemed to pile, I found that the quickest cure was to just drop everything, go out and join the kids in their fun and play.
God Bless, now.
— Aunt Norie, P O Box 265, Tonganoxie, KS 66086 firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Tonganoxie hears renovation plans, timetable for new City Hall, police station
- Baker University reports strong new enrollment since 2007
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape
- Tonganoxie graduate gives $1 million to KU scholarships benefitting LGBTQ students