Overheated equipment sparks blaze at Eudora Dairy Queen
Overheated equipment inside the Dairy Queen in Eudora caused a fire early Thursday morning, and the business sustained interior damage, Eudora Police Chief Grady Walker said.
Walker said accidental blaze started when a cone-dipping machine apparently overheated. No one was inside the building, 1502 Church St., when fire crews and officers arrived about 4:30 a.m., he said.
“There’s lots of interior damage, so they’ll be closed for awhile to redo that,” Walker said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Tonganoxie Elementary School student to present TES history at historical society meeting