Reminder: Spring forward
Daylight saving time will begin at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 13, so remember to set clocks an hour ahead. The time will remain an hour ahead until it “falls back” to standard time Nov. 6.
Daylight saving is a means of getting more light out of the day by advancing clocks by one hour during the summer. This way, sunrise is one hour later in the morning, when most people are usually asleep anyway, and sunset is one hour later in the evening.
To further maximize energy savings, starting in 2007, Congress changed the start and finish of daylight saving time from the first Sunday in April through the last Sunday in October to the second Sunday in March through the first Sunday in November.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Jamie Bowser
- 15 things you might not know about Tonganoxie
- Cemetery stroll next month at Holy Angels with First City PAST group
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie