Three from Sporting KC to play for national teams
Three Sporting Kansas City players have been invited to play for their respective national teams during FIFA international dates in late March.
Striker Kei Kamara, defender Shavar Thomas and midfielder Stephane Auvray will play in Kansas City's season-opener at Chivas USA, but they will miss the March 26 match at the Chicago Fire to play for their national teams.
Kamara will join Sierra Leone for an African Cup of Nations qualifier match.
Thomas will join the Jamaica National Team for a pair of friendlies March 25 against Venezuela and March 27 against El Salvador.
Auvray will captain the Guadeloupe national team March 26 in a friendly against Racing Club de Lens of France's Ligue 1.
More like this story
- Aggressive Tonganoxie High boys soccer handles Eudora, 6-2
- Tonganoxie High softball looks to improve in 2015
- Tonganoxie coach calls for better play after 6-0 soccer shutout
- Tonganoxie High seniors shine in boys basketball regular-season finale
- Tonganoxie's Parker stepping down after 16 years as THS volleyball coach