McLouth schools, others nominated for Secretary of Defense employer award
McLouth USD 342, as well as Pizza Hut of Leavenworth and two entities at Fort Leavenworth, are four of 56 employers nominated for the 2011 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.
The Freedom Award is the Department of Defense’s highest recognition for employers showing exceptional support to their National Guard and Reserve employees. Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve received 4,049 nominations from Guard and Reserve members across the nation, a 64 percent increase from last year's total.
At Fort Leavenworth, the U.S. Army Command Staff College and the G-3 DTPM, Range Control, were nominated.
The 2011 recipients will be announced this summer and honored in Washington, D.C. in September.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Wanted: Mural ideas for Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station