Science Olympiad heads to state next month on WSU campus
The Tonganoxie High School Science Olympiad team had its highest team score at regionals as each of the team’s 15 members medaled in a least one event.
The performance qualified the squad for state competition April 2 at Wichita State University.
The team finished in fourth place and earned a plaque.
Team members are Carrie Calovich, Miranda Bontrager, Madi Hunter, Megan Woods, Cristina Rubio, Natasha Sudac, Dane Erickson, Wes Williams, Marcus Titterington, Colton Young, Aaron McIntyre, Matthew Christensen, Katelyn Waldeier, Paige Lauri and Hunter Sturgis. Alternates were Sidney Grinter and Jessica Rubio. Coaches are Tracey Waldeier and Christine Biel.
• Write It Do It: Dane Erickson and Marcus Titterington
• Astronomy: Marcus Titterington and Wes Williams
• Helicopters: Hunter Sturgis and Matthew Christensen
• Sounds of Music: Aaron McIntyre and Colton Young
• Experimental design: Carrie Calovich, Megan Woods and Katelyn Waldeier
• Mission Possible: Katelyn Waldeier and Wes Williams
• Mousetrap Vehicle: Hunter Sturgis and Matthew Christensen
• Optics: Marcus Titterington and Colton Young
• Protein modeling: Cristina Rubio, Carrie Calovich and Madi Hunter
• Dynamic Planet: Paige Lauri and Katelyn Waldeier
• Forensics: Paige Lauri and Miranda Bontrager
• Ornithology: Natasha Sudac and Aaron McIntyre
— See future editions of The Mirror for more on the THS Science Olympiad squad, as well as the middle school team.