McLouth Public Library’s book discussion group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 28. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
• Cub Scout Pack 81 of McLouth had its annual Blue & Gold banquet on Saturday, Feb. 26th. This year’s theme was “Blast Off with Cub Scouts.” Scouts in grades first through fifth have been working all year on their rank achievements in such areas as citizenship, community service, conservation, outdoorsman and health. A record number 29 local boys were awarded their rank badges including four scouts, Michael Skelton, Keenan Miller, Rylan Hellman and Paul Kuglin, who earned their Arrow of Light badge. The Arrow of Light Award is the highest honor that can be earned in Cub Scouting and is the only badge that can be worn on the Boy Scout uniform. As Boy Scouts, the scouts have the opportunity to acquire skills that make them more self-reliant, complete challenges in the outdoors, and build leadership, communication and teamwork skills that will enable them to achieve goals they have set for themselves. For more information about scouting, please call Jenny Kuglin: (785) 550-7196.
• Louise Gilbert celebrated her 97th birthday Saturday and Sunday afternoons (March 5 and 6), hosted by her daughters, Kathleen McConnell and Nancy Moring, in Kathleen’s home in McLouth. There were 101 guests, friends and relatives who signed the guest list, and Louise received 95 cards.
Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction