Bulldogs sweep Perry-Lecompton
The McLouth High softball team enjoyed its season opener Monday with a sweep of Perry-Lecompton.
The Bulldogs won, 9-2 and 11-1, at home against the Kaws.
MHS coach Ballard Patterson was pleasantly surprised with the results and credited his squad’s offense.
“We hit the ball really, really well tonight and we weren’t expecting that at all,” the coach said, noting that PLHS is a competitive Class 4A program. “We were expecting hits, (but) we went into the games hoping for a split.”
Three different Bulldogs went 3-for-4 at the plate in the 9-2 victory. Jessie Troupe, Kendra Leach and Alex Adams all had three hits and Troupe drove in three runs.
In the second McLouth win, a five-inning affair, Troupe and Leach again went 3-for-4, as did Kaley Patterson. Leach had three triples in the 11-1 victory and pitched all five innings for MHS.
Kaley Patterson pitched the first game and struck out 11 Perry-Lecompton batters.
At 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, McLouth (2-0) plays host to Atchison.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kendra Schobert
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund