Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
A lot of today’s world runs around in support hose, especially if you’re on your feet all day. Here is an old hint I got from an old friend, Georgine, who was a night nurse on the run all night — one who knew and appreciated support hose, which have always been on the expensive side.
Georgine said to herself, “Oh, what the heck, I can’t make it any worse,” as she sat down at her sewing machine and sewed up a nasty run in her hose — it’s better to use a ballpoint needle, though.
“It just snapped, my last pair and on my way to work,” she said. “It worked anyway, and I’ve done it several times since.”
Her mended run looked just like that old seam up the back of the hose we used to wear. Many of us wear support hose when on our feet all day. Most of those runs pop near the top and if mended this way seldom even show. Support hose are expensive and apt not to run but accidents do happen to all of us. The way the economy is today, anything to stretch your dollar, to which we’ve all had to resort.
Keep your stress at bay by following Carol P’s advice: “Each day, take time to appreciate life, to have some fun, and to laugh. Find the humor and joy in every day.”
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation