Professional Bull Rider Skeeter Kingsolver of McLouth will be appearing in Kansas City, Mo., this weekend.
On Friday, he'll throw out the first pitch at the Kansas City Royals baseball game.
He’ll be riding bulls in the Professional Bull Riders’ Kansas City Invitational at the Sprint Center at 7 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday
• Election Day is Tuesday, April 5. Spring elections usually don't get much fanfare, but they have a profound influence in our local communities. City council member positions don't sound very exciting, but they are your city government. School board members formulate the school budget, which determines a significant percentage of your property tax, as well as determining school policies, to include such things as which textbooks your children will be reading. Their decisions will directly affect not only you, but your children as well, for years to come. It is very important to vote in this election.
• The Jefferson County Historical Society will hold a benefit auction at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 10, on the grounds of Old Jefferson Town, along U.S. Highway 59 in Oskaloosa. Many items not used for exhibit over the years, and pieces left after completed displays, will be on the docket, as well as some items donated from the community. Lunch will be available. Homemade pies will be featured.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools