LInwood woman finalist in Maurices online model search
Madison Mater, a 20-year-old from Linwood, is among the top 20 contestants in the Maurices Main Street Model Search.
The contest drew more than 500 contestants from across the country. Each entrant created an online profile at mauricesmainstreetmodel.com.Voters then narrowed the search to 50, from which Maurices selected 20 finalists who are traveling to Minneapolis, Minn., for a casting call on May 5 and 6.
The 20 finalists will go through a series of interviews, a hair and makeup session, and test photos. A judging panel from Maurices, along with celebrity judge and stylist Christopher Straub from Lifetime’s “Project Runway,” will the select the winners. The 12 winning models will be announced on May 9.
The national women’s fashion retailer launched the campaign to find real women to represent Maurices in its upcoming fall, holiday and spring campaigns. The seasonal photo shoots will take place in the models’ hometowns, featuring landmarks and other attractions that make their communities special. Each model will also receive $1,500 in Maurices clothing, a Flip video camera to capture their path to becoming a Maurices model, and $7,500 to designate to a nonprofit organization in her community.
Maurices operates more than 760 stores in 44 states.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie man to appear in court Monday following alleged stabbing
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie man sought in KCK detective shooting caught; officer killed
- 2 KC area residents arrested in prescription forgery case