Our dear friend and neighbor Bid Sheppard passed away at St. John Hospital in Leavenworth on Sunday. Our sympathy goes to her family and friends. She was 99 years old.
Thanks to everyone who helped at the rummage and bake sale at the church and to those who donated articles and bought things. It was all very much appreciated.
David and Jane Turner spent three days in Branson, Mo., last week.
Christine Black spent two weeks visiting her son Charles Black in Salt Lake City. Her grandson Matthew Smith is also there.
Joyce Terry, Ferry Evans, Joy Dean Porter and Helen Lohman ate at Lidia's Italian restaurant in Kansas City, Mo., on Wednesday. They then went to see the “Diana: A Celebration” exhibit at Union Station.
Gary and Linda Blanton of Troy visited Orville and Rosie Oelschlaeger on Sunday.
More like this story
- Election filing deadline noon Thursday
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Outgoing Tonganoxie superintendent to take administrative position in Topeka
- Voter turnout low for primary as two challengers lead vote-getting