Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
If you’ve ever had chicken pox, you are at risk for the blistering rash and severe pain of shingles. Until a few years ago, there was no treatment for them or way of avoiding them. As the years rolled by, your chances of getting shingles rolled upward.
Now we have a vaccine available and people are rushing in to get it. If you’ve ever had chicken pox you are carrying that virus, and believe me it can, it does, awaken with a vengeance. It involves nerve endings (bundles of them). It felt like the most severe pain I ever had.
Your diet should include an amino acid called lysine. It can help bring your bout with shingles to a quicker end. You can boost your lysine intake from drinking milk and eating potatoes and chicken. You can also buy lysine tablets in the store.
Please just go get the vaccine.
Spring time in Tonganoxie
The cardinals have built a nest in my clematis vine hanging on the house. Perennials are popping up all over. Garden time is here. I don’t even have anything in yet. I love to garden and dig in the dirt and watch things grow. Time to get out and do that but I’m a little late this year.
— Aunt Norie, P.O. Box 265, Tonganoxie 66086; email@example.com.
More like this story
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri