A lot of people attended the funeral of Bid Sheppard Saturday morning at Jarbalo United Methodist Church. Burial was at Fall Creek Cemetery with Pastor Alice Purvis officiating for both. Jarbalo United Methodist Women provided dinner for family and friends after the burial.
Rich Powers of Globe, Ariz., spent a week with his mother, Kathy Powers.
I had a good Mother's Day and saw or heard from all the kids. Kathy Stimac and Terry Drennon of Emporia brought Kentucky Fried Chicken and all the fixings for dinner.
David and Jane Turner went to a meeting of the Santa Fe Trail Leather Artists Guild at Baldwin City on Saturday. They had gone to the Sampler Festival in Leavenworth before that.
Frances Jeannin had dinner with Phil and Pam Jeannin and family in Tonganoxie on Mother's Day and then had dessert with Pat and Michele Jeannin and family of Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Kansas amputee shuns self-pity, shoots for Paralympic gold
- Man charged in Jewish site killings sought to explain motive
- Kansas fantasy writer's penchant for the unexpected appeals to international audiences
- Tonganoxie High seniors shine in boys basketball regular-season finale