Class of 2011 receives diplomas at THS gymnasium
Lacie Falk received an important phone call during Saturday’s Tonganoxie High School graduation.
Donald Trump called Falk during her valedictorian speech.
Well, actually, it was her father.
Falk had her father call her cell phone while she was at the graduation podium Saturday at the THS gymnasium.
It was part of a speech she kept light-hearted at the commencement, which was moved from Beatty Field to the gymnasium for the second straight year due to inclement weather.
Ashley Forbis gave the welcome address. The Chieftain Singers performed “Lean on Me,” while the senior ensemble performed “Maybe Someday.”
National Honor Society members, as well as students who maintain 4.0 grade-point averages, were recognized at graduation.
Before Falk’s speech, salutatorian Madison Hunter was recognized.
The ceremony concluded with the presentation of the class, and of course, the awarding of diplomas.
For more from graduation, see the May 18 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Kansas Revenue Department still processing paper tax returns
- Kansas, five other states sue Obama administration over Affordable Care Act
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Tough voter citizenship rules pull Kansas into multiple lawsuits
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax