THS soccer to host playoff match
No. 6 seed Chieftains meet Bishop Ward Tuesday
The postseason will begin for the Tonganoxie High girls soccer team this week with a home match against a familiar opponent.
At 5 p.m. Tuesday, the Chieftains, who were awarded the No. 6 seed out of 12 teams in the Class 4-3-2-1A Northeast Regional, will play host to No. 11 seed Bishop Ward.
THS (5-10) swept the Cyclones (1-15) this season, winning 6-0 on the road and 7-1 at home.
A third victory over Ward would send Tonganoxie to a 7 p.m. Thursday matchup with No. 3 seed Kansas City Christian (8-7) at Overland Park Soccer Complex.
The Chieftains lost an April 21 road match with KCC, 3-0.
The winner of Thursday's match advances out of Northeast Regional No. 3 and moves on to the state quarterfinals.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action