County Road 5 bridge work starts this week in county
A stretch of County Road 5 northeast of Tonganoxie closed this week for the replacement of two bridges, a project that could last a year or longer.
The road is closed between Mitchell and Donahoo roads for the project, which is being conducted by the county's public works department with help from the Kansas Department of Transportation.
The county's recommended detour is County Road 9, or 207th Street, which branches off from CR-5 just north of Tonganoxie and runs north to County Road 8, or Dempsey Road.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Road 5 bridges 73 years in age to take 12 months to replace
- County Road 5 near Tonganoxie to re-open May 4, weather permitting
- Leavenworth County bridge work limits routes crossing I-70
- Tonganoxie walking bridge placement a success; ribbon cutting set for May 30
- Bridge work to begin this week