County Road 5 bridge work starts this week in county
A stretch of County Road 5 northeast of Tonganoxie closed this week for the replacement of two bridges, a project that could last a year or longer.
The road is closed between Mitchell and Donahoo roads for the project, which is being conducted by the county's public works department with help from the Kansas Department of Transportation.
The county's recommended detour is County Road 9, or 207th Street, which branches off from CR-5 just north of Tonganoxie and runs north to County Road 8, or Dempsey Road.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers