MHS baseball season ends with 1st-round ‘L’ at PRHS
The McLouth High baseball team's season ended with a first-round playoff exit Monday.
The Bulldogs lost, 11-3, at Pleasant Ridge, in Easton, in the opening round of a Class 3A regional tournament.
MHS (7-14), playing as a No. 5 seed, had trouble getting started in the road playoff game, coach Kevin Stewart said.
"We didn't get going until about the fifth inning," he said.
After that, PRHS scored five runs in the sixth to pull away and finish the Bulldogs.
Shawn Dailey and Matthew Horton both went 1-for-3 in the season-ending loss. Cameron Humerickhouse was 1-for-4 with a double.
More like this story
- Kansas minority groups push for same-day voter registration
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas fantasy writer's penchant for the unexpected appeals to international audiences