MHS baseball season ends with 1st-round ‘L’ at PRHS
The McLouth High baseball team's season ended with a first-round playoff exit Monday.
The Bulldogs lost, 11-3, at Pleasant Ridge, in Easton, in the opening round of a Class 3A regional tournament.
MHS (7-14), playing as a No. 5 seed, had trouble getting started in the road playoff game, coach Kevin Stewart said.
"We didn't get going until about the fifth inning," he said.
After that, PRHS scored five runs in the sixth to pull away and finish the Bulldogs.
Shawn Dailey and Matthew Horton both went 1-for-3 in the season-ending loss. Cameron Humerickhouse was 1-for-4 with a double.
More like this story
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits