Schlitterbahn to open Saturday
Schlitterbahn Kansas City Waterpark will open for its second full season Saturday, May 21.
Enjoy another summer of attractions that include an uphill water coaster, two mammoth tubing rivers, three huge slides, a white water tube chute and 13 mini slides for kids, all connected by the Transportainment River System, which allows guests to float from one end of the park to the other without ever leaving the water.
With the price of admission, guests on Saturday will also get to take part in the first of a series of special events going on this summer. LIFTED UP: Faith and Family Day will include live music performed by area church bands, as well as national contemporary Christian acts 33 Miles, Jonny Diaz and SameState.
General admission to the park is $35.99 plus tax for ages 12 to 54 and $26.99 plus tax for youths ages 3 to 11 and seniors 55 and older. Season passes are available and guests save $5 if they buy them at schlitterbahn.com or at the park by May 31.
Schlitterbahn will be open May 21 and 22 and then will start opening daily beginning May 28. More information can be found at schlitterbahn.com.
The park is at 9400 State Ave., Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie residents face marijuana charges
- Kansas attorney general seeks data on Colorado legal marijuana entering state
- Tonganoxie man sentenced to more than 3 years for drugs, robbery charges
- Junction City man gets life for operating cocaine ring
- Kansas lawmakers reviewing bill to liberalize marijuana laws