6 MHS track athletes qualify for state
The McLouth High track team will have six representatives at the state track meet in Wichita this weekend.
Three boys and three girls from MHS qualified at a Class 3A regional Friday at St. Marys.
McLouth’s girls will send Kayla Steffey (400-meter dash), Terri Stewart (100-meter hurdles) and Chanler Tharpe (pole vault) to state.
Bulldogs from the boys team headed to state are Dakota Cop (triple jump), Hunter Koch (300-meter hurdles) and Marc Walbridge (1,600-meter run).
Koch won a regional championship with a first-place finish. Cop, Tharpe and Walbridge had second-place finishes while Steffey and Stewart took
More like this story
- Prison overcrowding expected to get attention next session
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma
- Latest Tonganoxie police station search part of multi-year saga
- Tonganoxie's new police station coming together