Leavenworth National Cemetery to be site of annual Memorial Day ceremony
Fort Leavenworth will play host to its annual Memorial Day ceremony at 11:40 a.m. Monday, May 30, at the Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery, 150 Muncie Road, Leavenworth.
Parking on Fort Leavenworth is available at the Frontier Conference Center, which is across the street from the cemetery. Visitors should enter Grant Gate, at the Seventh Street and Metropolitan Avenue intersection, in the far fight lane. All persons 16 and older should have a government issued ID card, such as a driver’s license, available.
Due to security requirements, expect some delays entering the fort.
In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be conducted at the Frontier Conference Center, instead.
For more information, contact Rebecca Steed at (913) 684-1723.
More like this story
- Kansas Legislature narrowly passes unbalanced budget, ending 2016 session
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others
- Topeka woman killed when bicycle hit by truck
- Kansas GOP lawmakers cite rising frustration, anger with Brownback
- GOP senators vent frustrations at Brownback, but veto override unlikely