The Open Arms Christian Preschool class graduated with a ceremony at the McLouth Church of the Nazarene on May 1. Highlights of the year were trips to the Lecompton Fire Department, Moon Marble Company in Bonner Springs and Schaake's Pumpkin Patch in Lawrence, as well as two visits to Hickory Pointe Nursing Home in Oskaloosa — to deliver Valentines and to go on an Easter Egg Hunt. Thanks to the parents of Brody Antes, Leea Auld, Caroline Dunn, Curtis Schupp, Emily Walker, Jaiden Taylor, Samantha Swafford, Aja Nelson, Daisy May Wise, Quinn Payne and Zander Mack for allowing their children to attend. Good luck to all of you all in kindergarten! A new preschool class will be forming in the fall.
• The Jefferson County Historical Society at Old Jefferson Town in Oskaloosa is the official repository of Jefferson County history, the Jefferson County Genealogical Society and research resources. Located at the 10-acre park are historical structures from around the county, including a blacksmith shop, jail, general store, chapel, school house, Victorian home and the boyhood home and museum of John Steuart Curry. Many events are planned throughout the summer season. Old Jefferson Town is located one block South of the U.S. Highway 59/Kansas Highway 92 junction in Oskaloosa, and is open weekend afternoons May through September.
• Memorial Services Sunday, May 29: Fowler Cemetery at 2 p.m.; Wildhorse Cemetery at 2:30 p.m.
• Services at McLouth Cemetery will be 11 a.m. on Memorial Day.
• Martha Patterson will celebrate her 80th birthday at 11:30 a.m. Monday at Prairie Park, which is on the west edge of McLouth. All friends are invited.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens
- Document proving WWII military sex slaves now at KU library
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation
- Remember When: A Community Review for Feb. 8, 2017
- Tonganoxie USD 464 cancels Monday classes due to funeral services