Four Sporting KC players to join national teams
Four Sporting Kansas City players will join their respective national teams for the upcoming 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Defenders Shavar Thomas (Jamaica) and Roger Espinoza (Honduras), along with midfielders Craig Rocastle (Grenada) and Stephane Auvray (Guadeloupe), were all named to rosters for the regional championship to be held June 5-25 across the United States.
Auvray will captain the Guadeloupe National Team in the tournament this summer, including the team’s Group C finale against the U.S. Men’s National Team on June 14 at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan. After debuting for his country in its run to the semifinals of the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Auvray scored against Nicaragua in the 2009 edition and has 20 appearances for Les Gwada Boys.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits