‘Sokker Kamps’ begin in July
Soccer camps for various age groups will be offered this summer at Tonganoxie High with boys soccer coach Brian Kroll.
Known as “Coach K,” Kroll is calling the sessions “Sokker Kamp,” and three five-day camps for different age groups will take place in July.
The high school camp, for eighth grade through seniors, will run from 9 a.m. to noon, July 11-15.
Youth camps will be July 25-29. Ages 4 through 8 will go from 9-11 a.m. and ages 9 through 13 will go from noon to 2 p.m.
Kroll said the camps, which are coed, will focus on fundamental development. Shin guards are required and cleats are recommended.
Registration will be accepted the first day of camp, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Chieftain Soccer Complex on the west side of the THS campus. Cost is $50 for high school camp and $40 for youth camp. Checks can be made payable to Brian Kroll.
All campers will receive a T-shirt and Gatorade will be provided, so a water bottle is recommended.
Parents of youth campers are requested to stay for the first 30 minutes on Monday, July 25 for an information session.
On Friday, July 29, parents are welcome to join their children for a “Kids vs. Parents” game during the final hour of each youth camp.
For more information, contact Kroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 406-1426.
More like this story
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures