Remember to set your clocks back one hour before going to bed Saturday night. Daylight saving time ends at 2 a.m. Sunday.
• The Jefferson County Historical Society Annual Meeting and Banquet will take place Thursday, Nov. 10, at the McLouth Church of the Nazarene. The business meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by the dinner at 7 p.m. Presenter for the evening is Bob Wandel, a Civil War re-enactor from Lawrence, whose principal interests pertain to the Civil War soldiers buried in area cemeteries and the preservation and restoration of those tombstones located in Kansas. Wandel will present Grand Army of the Republic information for Civil War soldiers who are buried in Kansas.
Anyone interested in purchasing tickets may contact Kathleen McConnell: (913) 796-6129, or Leanne Chapman: (785) 863-3257. Please make your reservations before Nov. 3.
• The Veterans Day Parade in downtown Leavenworth begins at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 11.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Kansas student says flying Confederate flag not meant to be racist
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Battle lines being drawn over Kansas school district 'realignment' bill
- Brownback, Democrat spar over merit pay for Kansas teachers