Tae kwon do students fare well at national tourney
Tae kwon do students in Rex Hutton’s class recently competed at Choon Lee’s National Tae Kwon Do Championship, which took place Oct. 15 on the Kansas City Kansas Community College campus.
Quinton Landrum placed first in his division, while Nathan Vandervoot also participated. Both are 9 years old. Quinton placed third in form and first in sparring. Hutton said participants in the championships came from along the Interstate-35 corridor, from Minnesota to Texas. Hutton teaches tae kwon do through the Tonganoxie Recreation Commission. Classes are 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays at Tonganoxie Elementary School’s north gymnasium with about 15 students in the class.
For more information, contact the rec commission at (913) 845-3502.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie forensics team wins overall titles in frist weekend of competition
- Tonganoxie High debate team heading to four meets this weekend
- Outstanding Leavenworth County 4-H member named last month
- Monday morning sports roundup: THS wrestlers second at Baldwin; basketball splits games; MHS does well at home invite
- THS runners sweep at home invite