Sporting KC to play host to Houston in Eastern Conference final
Sporting Kansas City will try to close out its worst-to-first run in the Eastern Conference by claiming the conference's place in the Major League Soccer Championship.
Sporting KC will play host to the Houston Dynamo at 4:30 p.m. Sunday at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park for the Eastern Conference Championship.
Sporting Kansas City earned home-field advantage by winning the Eastern Conference regular-season title and then topping the Colorado Rapids in the semifinals with back-to-back 2-0 victories.
Houston was the regular-season runner-up in the Eastern Conference. The Dynamo beat the Philadelphia Union 3-1 in the two-game, aggregate goal semifinal series to advance to the finals.
Sunday's game will the the fourth between Sporting KC and Houston this season. Sporting KC won two of the meetings and the other was a tie.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie's Johnson breaks record again, now in Top 25 in nation
- Tonganoxie High girls track 2nd, boys 4th at Bobcat Relays
- Tonganoxie track has some KU Relays representation
- Defending home turf in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie's Johnson heaves best discus throw in state at WSU meet; MHS athletes join THS competitors in Wichita