Competitors line up for NFL Punt, Pass and Kick sectional event at Tonganoxie High’s Beatty Field
Roughly 70 competitors participated in a sectional National Football League Punt, Pass and Kick competition Oct. 30 at Beatty Field in Tonganoxie.
The Tonganoxie Recreation Commission played host to the event, which drew participants from across northeast Kansas. There were 102 competitors who qualified for the sectional, though only about 70 of those youths actually competed at Beatty Field.
Tonganoxie youths Eli Gilmore, Rylee Beach, Austin Fisher, Dakota Hersh and Cadence Cole qualified out of the Tonganoxie local competition that took place Sept. 19.
Tonganoxie’s sectional was one of 13 that took place across the state. The four sectional winners with the highest scores in each division from across the state will participate in a Punt, Pass and Kick event during a Kansas City Chiefs home game at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck