Our sympathy goes to the family of Melva Morgan, who died Oct. 31.
There was a visitation and memorial service Thursday at Tonganoxie Christian Church. A large number of people from the area attended.
Christine Black visited her son, Ben Black, and family Oct. 31 and Nov. 1.
On Monday, Orville and Rosie Oelschlaeger were dinner guests of Gary and Linda Blanton of rural Highland. Other guests were Virgil and Donna Rush of St. Joseph, Mo. On the way home Orville and Rosie Oelschaleger encountered a deer, which did substantial damage to their vehicle.
The ladies of Jarbalo United Methodist Church made pumpkin pies Thursday. Orders can be picked up at the church Thursday morning between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. this Thursday and Thursday, Nov. 17. The ladies had lunch together this past Thursday.
Several from the area attended the ribbon cutting at Kipp’s Treasures on Friday in Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Rural Kansas road to become Home on the Range Highway