Council to seek firm to help with city administrator search
The Tonganoxie City Council is moving forward in its city administrator search process.
During a special meeting Nov. 1, the council adopted, 5-0, a job description for the city administrator position as amended.
The council also authorized on a split vote, 3-2, issuance of a request for proposals for executive search services for the city administrator position. Bill Peak and Dennis Bixby voted against the measure.
The council voted Aug. 22 not to extend City Administrator Mike Yanez’s contract past its current expiration of Dec. 31. Yanez’s current annual pay is $87,800.
At the Nov. 1 special meeting, the council also discussed its plan for an interim or acting city administrator, as a new hire won’t be in place by Jan. 1. Peak discussed the possibility of making assistant city administrator Kathy Bard the interim city administrator, a position she has held previously for the city. At that time, City Attorney Mike Kelly assisted with human resources responsibilities.
The council did not make any decision at the meeting about Bard moving into that role.
The council next meets for its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in the council chambers, 321 Delaware.
More like this story
- City Council wants outside firm to lead administrator search
- Tonganoxie Assistant City Administrator Kathy Bard taking leave of absence
- Yanez remains at City Hall with Bard's medical leave
- Tonganoxie City Council votes not to extend city administrator's contract
- Tonganoxie City Council fills void in City Hall