Spay/neuter drop-off is next week in Tonganoxie
Tonganoxie will be the site of the Leavenworth County Humane Society's next low-cost spay/neuter transport pickup, Nov. 17 and 18.
Residents can drop off animals to be spayed or neutered Nov. 17 at the old city maintenance building at Third and Main streets in Tonganoxie, and the animals will be returned the next day. The transport is open to all county residents.
Pet dogs and cats will be sterilized, vaccinated and implanted with tracking microchips and can also receive parasite treatment if needed, for a price of $65 for cats and $95 for dogs. Feral cats can be sterilized, vaccinated and treated for parasites for $25. Cats must weigh at least three pounds, and dogs must be at least 14 weeks old.
To register, send email to LvnCoHS@live.com or go to lchsinc.org/spay-neuter-registration to sign up online. Residents without internet access can call (913) 728-2881 and leave a message to register. Registration closes Nov. 14.
The LCHS spay/neuter program, which rotates to a different city each month, has helped sterilize 630 pets in about two years, preventing the birth of an estimated 3,750 puppies and kittens in Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- SALINA SEQUEL: Tonganoxie volleyball handles BLHS, clinches second straight state appearance
- Footloose Chieftains: Tonganoxie cross country qualifies both teams for state for 1st time in a decade
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- KU's lavish shrine to Naismith's 'Rules of Basket Ball' takes shape