Evelyn Schwinn enjoyed lunch on Sunday, Nov. 6, with Ray Cole and family at the Pullman Place Family Restaurant in Leavenworth.
Brian Schwinn was visiting his mother, Evelyn Schwinn, Tuesday morning, Nov. 8. Ariana Holman spent the day with Evelyn, also.
The area farmers were finished with the fall harvest before the heavy rains began — something to give thanks for at this time of year!
Gertrude Chrisman, a neighbor in the Springdale area, is planning to travel to Topeka later this month to stay with a friend of Gertrude's and attend the Oak Ridge Boys show Friday, Nov. 25.
Rob Noble visited with Wayne and Anabel Knapp on Tuesday evening, Nov. 8.
Ron Keith, a former neighbor of Wayne and Anabel Knapp, visited by telephone on Monday evening, Nov. 7. He lives in Hill City. They have had very little moisture all summer.
The recent three inches of rain was most welcome to the Springdale area.
Most of the people of the Springdale area felt the tremor from the earthquake in Oklahoma on Nov. 5. There were seven states affected by it.
More like this story
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed