TES celebrates Red Ribbon Week
Tonganoxie Elementary School celebrated Red Ribbon Week Oct. 25-28 with themes each day.
Students wore camouflaged clothing Oct. 25 for Mission Accomplished — Drug-free Life Day and dressed like twins for Friends Don’t Let Friends Do Drugs Day on Oct. 26. Students wore hats for Keep Your Head in the Game Day on Oct. 27.
That theme day also coincided with the school’s fall service project. Students could donate money that went to the Foundation for Children with Cancer.
And on Oct. 28, students wore red for Red Ribbon Day.
Red Ribbon Week is dedicated to educating youths about the dangers of drug and alcohol use and abuse.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Tonganoxie Public Library officials talk building future with City Council
- Linwood News: Bingo night Saturday; hydrant flushing reminder; breakout at library; fall garden exchange
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Evidence of bedbugs found at Topeka library