There was Hanging of the Greens Saturday evening at Jarbalo United Methodist Church to get the church decorated for Christmas.
There will be candlelight service at 7 p.m. Christmas Eve at the church.
Christine Black spent Thanksgiving Day with her family she met at the home of Ben Back and family on at Wellsville.
Frances Jeannin had dinner for 22 guests at her house Thanksgiving Day.
Andre and Shegale Thurmond, Jeremiah and Keyia of Atlanta, Ga., spent the Thanksgiving holidays with her father, Dan Crute.
Frances Jeannin went Saturday afternoon to Park College to see her granddaughter Ashley Jeannin play basketball. She plays on the team from Grinnell College in Iowa.
The Barnett family had its Thanksgiving dinner in the basement of Jarbalo United Methodist Church. Those gathered there were Gail and Steve Fitzwater, Adam and Josh, Jane and David Turner, Derek and Luci Barnett, Loren Barnett and Taylor, Jesse Barnett and Chloe and friend, Kody, and Julie Heskett, Julia Carter and Shianne and Thamar Barnett.
More like this story
- Downtown Tonganoxie gets splash of color thanks to EAST group, local businesses
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- Linwood News: Adult fairy gardens
- Kansas spending $20M to dredge John Redmond Reservoir
- Linwood News: Bingo night Saturday; hydrant flushing reminder; breakout at library; fall garden exchange