Basehor group offering holiday gift-wrapping service
The Basehor PEO chapter this month is offering residents an opportunity to cross an item off their holiday to-do list while supporting college scholarships for women in the United States and Canada.
Members of PEO Chapter JS will offer gift-wrapping services during three sessions at Basehor Community Library this month. The sessions will be 5:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 7, and Wednesday, Dec. 14, and 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, at the library, 1400 158th St.
PEO members will wrap visitors' presents and will provide boxes, wrapping paper and accessories. For irregularly shaped presents, visitors should bring their own boxes, said Marilyn Daniels, a chapter member.
In return for the gift-wrapping, the PEO chapter will accept at-will donations, which will go toward the PEO International group for scholarships. The Basehor chapter plans to nominate one local high school senior girl for a scholarship this fall, Daniels said.
More like this story
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers
- Tonganoxie baseball setting sights on return trip to state
- Frese: Push for Tonganoxie Public Libary expansion starts with Saturday run