Manhattan woman dies in 24-40 accident near Reno
A 77-year-old Manhattan woman died in a one-vehicle accident in Leavenworth County this past weekend.
The accident occurred just before 5 p.m. Sunday just north of Reno, or about 3 miles south of Tonganoxie.
Eleanor G. Stolzer was driving a 2009 Mercedes car east on U.S. Highway 24-40 when she failed to negotiate a curve on the road, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports. The vehicle struck the guardrail on the right shoulder and overturned in the ditch. Stolzer was pronounced dead at the scene.
More like this story
- State basketball wraps up during weekend
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Knights of Columbus offering fish fries
- Tonganoxie Easter egg hunt today in Chieftain Park
- Tonganoxie Recreation Commission, Free State Fitness teaming up for community fitness program