Saint Mary theology lecture to focus on keeping hope
The University of Saint Mary theology department is presenting “Hope in Challenging Times: Where Shall We Turn” with the Rev. Don Goergen at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13.
The lecture, which will focus on ways to maintain hope, is part of USM’s annual theology lecture in Xavier Theatre on the university’s Leavenworth campus, 4100 S. Fourth St.
The lecture is free and open to the public. Seating is limited, so early arrival is recommended.
Goergen is a Dominican priest and a professor at the Aquinas School of Theology in St. Louis. He holds a doctorate in systematic theology with an emphasis on Christology and Spirituality.
Call Brian W. Hughes at (913) 758-6317 or email him at HughesB@stmary.edu for more information about the event.
More like this story
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Face to Face: New Tonganoxie Public Libary board member Loralee Stevens
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Linwood girl's passion for rodeo continues to grow