THS volleyball sweeps Piper
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team outscored Piper by 35 points in a three-game road sweep Tuesday night.
The Chieftains earned their third Kaw Valley League dual victory, winning 25-15, 25-14, 25-11 at PHS, in Kansas City, Kan.
Both Kailan Kuzmic, with 15 kills, and Jenny Whitledge, with 13 kills, helped THS (19-7 overall, 3-2 KVL) dispose of the Pirates fairly quickly.
Defensively, senior libero Megan Hummelgaard led Tonganoxie with 16 digs, while Whitledge finished with 11 and Kuzmic had nine. Brooklyn Kerbaugh had four of the team’s six blocks.
Sagan Scates finished with 28 assists in the road victory and Haley Smith served up three aces.
Beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday, the Chieftains will be in action at the De Soto Spikefest.
More like this story
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Health officials confirm tuberculosis case in Olathe
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- THS art students painting green stripe this year