THS volleyball sweeps Piper
The Tonganoxie High volleyball team outscored Piper by 35 points in a three-game road sweep Tuesday night.
The Chieftains earned their third Kaw Valley League dual victory, winning 25-15, 25-14, 25-11 at PHS, in Kansas City, Kan.
Both Kailan Kuzmic, with 15 kills, and Jenny Whitledge, with 13 kills, helped THS (19-7 overall, 3-2 KVL) dispose of the Pirates fairly quickly.
Defensively, senior libero Megan Hummelgaard led Tonganoxie with 16 digs, while Whitledge finished with 11 and Kuzmic had nine. Brooklyn Kerbaugh had four of the team’s six blocks.
Sagan Scates finished with 28 assists in the road victory and Haley Smith served up three aces.
Beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday, the Chieftains will be in action at the De Soto Spikefest.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development seeking applicants for 2015-16
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- LCHS shelter permit approved